– Joe Lipovski
NAITSA (Rm E131) offers:
• Health/dental plan (included in your tuition and fees)
• UPass (included in your tuition and fees)
• Short time loans for unforeseen expenses (not including tuition or regular bill payments).
• Food trolley for students who forgot their lunch
• MyWellness allows students to speak with a counsellor via video chat, an alternative to NAIT’s counselling services (first 30 minute session is free)
• Peer Support program officially launches this month
• Free food for evening students and on satellite campuses (once a month)
• Currently testing a new program powered be kids help phone, where you can text a counsellor
• NAITSA’s Food Bank provides items like granola bars and soup
• Free supplies like pens or highlighters.
• Calculators to borrow (with collateral)
• Use of microwaves
Ooks Life and the Campus Activities Board offers:
• Popcorn Pop Up at the beginning of every month (E131)
• Pop Up Gaming every 2 weeks (in HP Centre)
• A variety of events at the Nest every Thursday (Most of which include prizes)
• NAITSA partners with the library to offer How-To events (most are free), such as How-To Create a Podcast on Nov. 27
The Library Offers:
• Certification for certain equipment in maker space, such as the CNC mill (certification done online via Moodle)
• Use of vinyl cutters, 3D printers (product costs may apply)
• Seven day rentals on equipment, such as cameras.
• Electronic soldering station use.
• Books to borrow! (visit nait.ca for more library services and events)
NAIT’s Learning Services:
• English/writing tutors (drop-in or by appointment in room A133)
English tutors also are part of a program called write on, where you submit an assignment to the tutors and get feed back after three business days.
• Math/physics tutors (mainly drop-in – Room U210A)
• Learning strategy services; aids students in note taking, studying, procrastination, scheduling, etc.
Learning strategists encourage follow-up appointments to ensure students are continuing to meet their goals and continuing to move forward with their education (drop-in or by appointment in Room A133)
• Study skills and writing workshops every Wednesday (noon to 1 p.m. in CAT212)
• Make an appointment with a tutor or learning strategist on your portal under Academic supports.
Learning advisors can help students with a learning disabilities by:
• Granting students exam accommodations, such as extra time on exams
• Arranging psychological assessments Learning advisors can be found in Room W111PB
NAIT’s Counselling Services Offers:
• Counselling in Room W111PB
• Paws for a Break with Flynn once a month (on satellite campuses and in CAT building).
NAIT Student Services Offers:
• Employment advisors for resume help (drop-in for Rapid Resume Fridays, or book an appointment)
• Employment advisors also help with interviews and how to maintain a good image on social media.
• Academic advisors can help students plan their paths, and learn how to get the most from their program.
You can find Employment Advisors in CAT180.
The International Centre Offers:
• Many peer mentorship events (Visit the International Centre for full list of events in room W101)
• Counsellors and advisors help students coming to Canada or Canadian students wanting to study abroad.
ITS Public Services Offers:
• Tech support for personal devices • Laptop retail (24 hours)
• Installation of software on personal devices, such as Microsoft Word
• A variety of software that can read your E-Text books to you.
• HDMI cables available to borrow
You can find ITS Public in the computer commons of CAT215 and W203 or T307, and online at nait.ca/itspublic
Health Services offers:
• Nutritionists (by appointment on Mondays)
• Nursing staff
• Free personal products like bandages, medication, and feminine products
Health services can be found in Room O119
NAIT Recreation offers:
• Fitness classes
Find out more in Room O117
The Nugget offers:
• Free lunch on Tuesdays, open to all students in Room E128
NAIT also offers free water at their drinking fountains. (various locations)