If you love peanut butter cookies and don’t mind your home smelling of freshly baked cookies, this is the recipe you’ve been waiting for. Be warned, as it’s remarkably tastier than store-bought nut butters, your partner or family will ask you to make it again.
Homemade Peanut Butter
0.53 ml (1 ½ cups) lightly salted peanuts
30 ml (2 tbsps) honey
1 good pinch of salt
15 ml (1 tbsp) neutral oil
- Lay salted peanuts on a baking sheet and bake on the conventional bake setting at 193 C (380 F) for 10 minutes. Rustle the baking sheet every 3 minutes or so to ensure no burning.
- After 10 minutes, remove the nuts from the oven and let them cool. For a chunkier butter, set 30 ml (2 tbsps) of nuts aside and roughly chop them.
- Place the cooled nuts into a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds. Scrape off the sides with a spatula and pulse again for 30 seconds.
- Add honey, salt and oil into the mixture.
- Begin pulsing again in 30-second intervals, with breaks in between, to scrap the sides and the bottom of the processor.
- Blend until you’ve reached your desired creaminess.
- Add chopped nuts to the mixture and store in a jar or container.
The peanut butter keeps in the fridge for two weeks. Serve on toast, eat as a snack, add in stir frys or use in protein balls. The options are endless. Enjoy!